News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/4/2019 4:06:25 PM to 1/25/2020 12:00:01 AM.
City News & Public Notices
Posted on: October 4, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Scam Call Alert - Nelson Hydro Disconnect Notification Scam
October 4, 2019
Nelson Hydro – Disconnect Notification Scam
- Another scam is underway within the Nelson Hydro service area in and around Nelson BC. Nelson Hydro customers are being contacted by phone and told they owe money and are going to be disconnected unless immediate payment is made via pre-paid credit cards or bitcoin.
- Currently, Nelson Hydro is performing valid disconnects for customer accounts that are past the 90 days without payment.
- All valid Nelson Hydro disconnect notifications are mailed out on Nelson Hydro letterhead then followed up by a phone call.
- Nelson Hydro bills can be paid at City Hall located at 310 Ward Street in Nelson.
- If any customer is concerned about a disconnect notification they should call Nelson Hydro for clarification of their bill at (250) 352-8206.
- Nelson Police Department will be investigating and would appreciate any information people may have regarding this scam. The Police can be reached at (250) 354-3919.
- From Nelson Hydro, we apologize for any confusion this current scam is causing our customers.