The following work will update the sections of old and undersized water lines to current standards:
- Replacement of the main water line in the 700 to 900 blocks of Fourth Street.
- Replacement of the main water line along 400 and 500 blocks of West Gore Street and down the west lane of the 1300 block of McQuarrie Avenue.
This next project will bring water from Selous Creek to our City Reservoir at Mountain Station.
- Installation of a new waterline along the Nelson Salmo Great Northern Trail – from Stanley Street to Hoover Street.
Did you know that the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI) is responsible for the highway through town? They are planning to repave the highway this year. The City is partnering with MoTI on curbs and sidewalk work along the highway.
In addition, the City will be renewing some underground infrastructure prior to paving, at the following locations:
- Anderson Street (Front Street to Nelson Avenue)
- Behnsen Street (near Hume Elementary School)
- Vernon Street at Kootenay Street
Notice of Project Dates:
The Anderson Street project to commence in early April with pre-construction updates provided prior to the end of March. Notices for other projects will be provided in due course.
How will we be notifying residents, visitors and businesses of upcoming work?
- Some hand-delivered notices
- Sandwich boards in affected neighbourhoods
- City website under City Projects at www.nelson.ca
- City Facebook
Questions? Please call Public Works at (250) 352-8238.
Thank you for your patience as our crews work throughout the city.