The first phase of the City of Nelson’s 2020 Line Painting Program on city streets will commence on Thursday, May 7, weather permitting. This phase of the program includes painting of crosswalks, parking spots, directional arrows etc., and may take several days to complete. Expect minor traffic interruptions in some areas while this work is underway.
Please note that the City of Nelson assumes no responsibility for paint damage claims from motorists who cross wet paint lines.
- Do not walk/step on any surface that you think may be wet and/or slippery
- Remember that it takes a few minutes for traffic paint to dry
- Wet traffic paint on the road may splatter on your vehicle if you cross the line before the paint has dried
- If your vehicle is splattered with paint, wash your vehicle as soon as possible
- If paint does not wash off, spray the affected area with WD-40 and allow it to dry for 2 hours, then re-wash the affected area
The City apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause, and thanks you for your cooperation. Please take care and stay aware when driving near road work crews and obey all warning signs or traffic control measures.
Any questions or comments may be directed to the Public Works Department at 250-352-8238.