Please complete a Development Application Form (PDF) and submit to the Development Services and Engineering Department if you are seeking approval for any of the following:
- Board of Variance
- Development Permit (Major - greater than 50 square metres)
- Development Permit (Minor - less than 50 square metres)
- Development Variance Permit
- Heritage Alteration Permit
- Land Use Regulation Bylaw (Zoning) Amendment
- Liquor License
- Cannabis Retail Store (once an application has already been received and processed by the Province)
- Official Community Plan Bylaw Amendment
- Road Closure
- Temporary Commercial or Industrial Use Permits
Signage, Facade Changes, Awning & Murals
For information and the application form related to signage, facade changes, awnings and murals, please click here.
Applications can be hand delivered, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at the second floor of City Hall. Electronic copies may be submitted in PDF format by email to Development Services.
Applicants are encouraged to complete a Sustainability Checklist (PDF).
Site Disclosure Statement
The Site Disclosure Statement form is a provincial requirement under environmental contamination legislation. The form can be downloaded here (note: the form may not open within your browser; you may have to download it and open with Adobe Acrobat or similar software).
Not all applications will require a site disclosure statement. For more information, visit the Ministry of Environment's website.
Notice of Development
For those applications which require a Notice of Development Sign, please refer to Schedule 1 of the Land Development Applications Procedures Bylaw.
Applicants must contact Nelson Hydro for confirmation on electrical servicing requirements.
- Zoning Bylaw No. 3199, 2013.pdf
- Traffic Bylaw No. 3156, 2010.pdf
- Subdivision and Development Servicing Bylaw No. 3170, 2011.pdf
- Off-Street Parking and Landscape Bylaw No. 3274, 2013.pdf
- Sign Bylaw No. 3437, 2019.pdf
- Sidewalk Cafe Bylaw 3441, 2019 consolidated.pdf
- Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 3092, 2008.pdf