BEAR RESISTANT GARBAGE BINS FOR SALE!
The City of Nelson is pleased to offer bear resistant garbage bins for purchase. There are 100 bins available, on a first come, first served basis. Each bin costs $205.
Check out the video of one of the Toter Bear Resistant Bins in action!
About the bin:
The Toter bear tight cart is a 2-wheeled garbage container with a specially designed attached lid which makes this container inaccessible to bears. A double walled rotationally melded lid is attached to the cart with 1/4 inch steel U-bolt hinges. A bear-tight lock and steel reinforced latch prevent bears from opening the lid and feeding on garbage. The body of the cart is also manufactured through a patented process, using medium density polyethylene. This allows for added rigidity and extra material in critical areas, creating unmatched resistance to chewing and clawing while flexible enough to withstand the weight and abuse from the largest of bears. The Toter carts are made with up to 50-percent recycled content, and steel components contain 80 to 100-percent recycled steel.
What you need to know!
- The bins cost $205 each. This is a discounted price, offered to the public.
- There are 100 bins available at the Public Works Complex in Nelson at 80 Lakeside Drive during business hours. Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 3:00pm.
- Cash, cheque or credit card payment is accepted.
- Bins will be sold on a first come, first served basis until supplies run out.
- Once purchased, the bins can be used the same as a normal garbage container.
- Please remember that garbage must be bagged and tagged and placed curbside, weigh no more than 20kg (44lbs) and be easily lifted from the bin by our staff. Each bag must be tagged. Please do not tag the outside of the bin.
For More Information:
Contact Public Works & Utilities at (250) 352-8238 / email@example.com