The Nelson City Campground is now CLOSED for the 2022 season.
We will start taking camping reservations on April 1, 2023
The Nelson City Campground offers visitors access to a forested, natural environment in an urban setting. Located on High Street, just east of downtown Nelson, the campground is centrally located and within walking distance to shopping, parks, and the beach.
The campground operates from May 1st - to October 16th. Shared laundry, cooking facilities, bathrooms and showers, and tourist information are available on-site. The campground offers 7 full-service sites; 20 sites with electrical hookup; 20 tent sites; and 4 sites for RV units up to 40 feet in length.
Note: Shaw Go Wi-Fi is available in the campground and other public areas around Nelson. Find more information on Shaw Go Wi-Fi Guest Access.
We will need the following information to make a reservation:
- The number of people in your party
- The names of all your party members, particularly if you are arriving separately
- A phone number by which we can reach the party lead
- The date of arrival and departure
- A description of your tent, trailer, motor home, or van (so we can select an appropriate site)
- Full payment is required at the time of booking
- Reserve by emailing email@example.com or calling 250-352-7618
- Prior to 48 hours: written cancellation is required for a full refund
- Within 48 hours: written cancellation is required; a one-night camping fee (as per the site reserved) will be charged
- If no written cancellation is received before the time of arrival date there is no refund given